We are looking to hire a skilled upholsterer to join our team, to fabricate and repair upholstered production and aircraft parts. In this role, you will be responsible for selecting the appropriate materials for the job, and installing the upholstery to meet the desired specifications. We are willing to train the right individual for this position. Individuals with previous experience using sewing machines are good candidates.
• Fabricate upholstered parts, seats and assemblies
• Repair upholstered items as required
• Selecting and sourcing upholstery materials
• Maintain an accurate usage log for all upholstery materials
• Interpreting design orders and creating upholstery stencils
• Measuring and cutting materials with the aid of design stencils
• Installing foam and batting to framework
• Installing and repairing webbing and seating springs
• Stretching out and installing materials
• Stitching, gluing, and nailing materials into place.
• Smoothing out imperfections
• Conducting quality checks on completed orders
• Maintain work area, and hangar cleanliness
• Maintain proper operation and cleanliness of shop equipment
• Other Duties as assigned
• Two years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Demonstrated ability to apply fundamental concepts and knowledge of upholstery fabrication and their application
• Ability to read and work from blueprints
• Knowledge of upholstery tools including hot knives, nail guns, and sewing equipment
• Dependable and self-motivated
• Ability to successfully manage multiple projects with differing timelines and priorities while exercising sound
• Ability to work within a team structure and independently to achieve organizational goals.
• Organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
• Regular attendance is an essential function of the position
• Ability to lift, pull, and manipulate heavy objects
• Ability to stand, kneel, and walk for up to ten hours a day
An industry competitive package is being offered for top notch individuals at all experience levels that meet the minimum job qualifications. Starting pay depends on relevant experience and competencies.
• One week of paid vacation after year one and two weeks of paid vacation per year afterwards;
• Six paid holidays annually;
• Paid sick leave policy which is more generous that what Washington State requires.
• Employee-discretionary tax-free savings in the form of a 401K plan with Cub Crafters matching contributions up to 4%
after 6 months of employment;
• Major medical plan for you (the employee) provided, with separate vision, dental, life, and LTD coverage for you and
all coverage for family members available at your expense, at a group rate. Health care is available after 30 days
of continuous employment;
• Pilot development program and flight opportunities, including subsidized aircraft rental.
Applications can be downloaded at www.cubcrafters.com. Please send application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org