CubCrafters, the worldwide industry leader in the design and manufacture of light STOL capable general aviation aircraft, is also the most trusted provider of aviation maintenance services to the fleet of over a thousand aircraft we have manufactured or rebuilt in over 40 years of business.
We’re looking for a responsible, motivated, and talented individual that can build a team of like-minded aviation maintainers to operate and grow our Rebuild Shop.
This is not an entry level position; we are looking for an experienced professional to lead and develop a high performing maintenance team. The successful candidate will become a business unit manager within the larger organization with both financial and FAA compliance responsibilities for the company.
• Provide leadership to promote and ensure that safety, customer service, teamwork, and a commitment to excellence are the core values of the maintenance organization.
• Provide direct staff supervision to the maintenance services team incorporating continuous improvement methods to efficiently support maintenance production and daily operations.
• Ensure proper and efficient protocols are developed and utilized to plan and coordinate daily, weekly, monthly, and unscheduled on-demand maintenance activities.
• Oversee the development of all budgets, forecasts, projections, and reports related to maintenance operations needed to track performance metrics and meet performance
• Ensure the maintenance organization’s compliance with all applicable company policies, procedures, mandates, and with all relevant Federal Aviation Regulations.
• Provide staffing recommendations to the Senior Leadership Team, recruit and hire high performing aircraft maintainers to meet company operational goals.
• Aid in the development of training programs for assigned personnel and ensure that personnel in the maintenance organization are properly trained.
• Analyze and determine the root causes of various aircraft operational issues, recommending and executing problem-solving solutions.
• Establish and maintain accountability, capability, commitment, execution, results, and sustainability for the maintenance organization.
• Overall supervision of all work flow including scheduling and work assignments
• Continually strive for ways to optimize work flow, improve efficiency, and maximize shop organization
• Liaison with CCI regarding shared activities and resources
• Schedule/coordinate the retrieval of projects with customers
• Initiate a tracking system for Cub Crafters work orders
• Retain a presence on shop floor, generate an average minimum of 40 billable hours per month
• Other duties and projects as assigned.
• Leadership: this is a management position and leadership is expected in all regards.
• Adaptability: Be adaptable to change in schedule/projects and work load.
• People skills: Interact with both customers and staff with a positive and professional attitude.
• Computer savvy: Stay up on current technology, use to improve organization and efficiency.
• Enterprise-wide focus: Always keep the best interest of the business in mind.
• A minimum five (5) years of supervisory experience demonstrating organizational skills and efficient management ensuring profitability and sustainable growth is
• A&P Certificate and Valid Driver’s license are required
• Inspector’s Authorization (or in the process to obtain one)
• Willing to inspect and “sign off” repairs and modification under personal IA
• Ability to complete FAA form 337 with data package if required and sign off airframe, power plant, prop logbooks etc.
• Shop floor experience in general aviation and tube and fabric aircraft
• Computer skills including competence with company ERP system, all common desktop and web applications
• 1 week vacation accrual during 1st year of employment, 2 weeks vacation accrual during 2nd year of employment.
• Cub Crafters sick leave policy is more generous than what Washington State requires.
• 6 Paid Holidays
• 401K-Company contributes up to 4% of the employee’s contribution. Contributions may start the first of the month, following six months of employment.
• HSA, HMO, and PPO health insurance plans available. Company pays 75% of the base plan for employees and 25% of dependent coverage.
• Dental, Vision, LTD, and Group Life Insurance is available at a discounted group rate.
• Access to Cub Crafters aircraft rental at a reduced rate
Email application and resume to email@example.com