CubCrafters, the industry leader in the design and manufacturing of STOL aircraft for personal adventure aviation is growing and has opened several new Paint Technician positions in our main assembly facility. Our paint department is responsible for creating the amazing finishes seen on the best-of-class aircraft we produce worldwide. Here is your opportunity to join a team that values the very best in workmanship and attention to detail in the entire aviation industry.
Click here to read more about the Paint Technician position and apply today!
Passion for aviation is at the core of our business and fuels our commitment to producing the highest quality aircraft for our customers. We leverage decades of experience to lead the industry in the painting of fabric, metal, and composite aircraft parts and assemblies. Our painters are true artists and creative craftspeople who take real pride in their workmanship every single day.
A Paint Technician is a full-time position that reports directly to the Paint Department Lead. We’re looking for responsible, motivated, and talented individuals that can contribute to an aviation manufacturing team, with specific responsibilities as follows:
• Learn and master CubCrafters manufacturing procedures and processes for aircraft production and repair.
• Work with team members and management to efficiently meet deadlines
• Mask surfaces with tape, paper or plastic in order to protect them from paint.
• Remove grease, dirt, and contaminants from surfaces in preparation for paint application, using abrasives, solvents, or sandpaper.
• Adjust paint mixes in order to get the proper color, paint flow, and coating thickness
• Spray prepared surfaces with specified amounts of primers and finish coatings.
• Monitor painting operations in order to identify flaws such as blisters and streaks so that their causes can be corrected.
• Inspect for correct orientation and blending then touch up any spots that may have been missed.
• Inspect and correct paint flaws prior to and following aircraft assembly using company approved methods.
• Apply logos and decals to finished products.
• Maintain spray booths and air supply systems, clean booths and change filters on a timely basis.
• Monitor and maintain paint and associated supplies.
• Disassemble, clean, and reassemble sprayers and other paint equipment using solvents, wire brushes, and cloths for cleaning duties.
• Dispose of hazardous waste in an appropriate and company approved manner.
• Exhibit a strong work ethic and positive attitude as part of a team of like-minded individuals.
• Successfully meet organizational expectations in an FAA quality-controlled production facility.
The successful candidate should have the ability to demonstrate and/or possess skills in the following areas: Self-motivated; careful workmanship while following internal processes and procedures; ability to adapt to change; ability to stand for long periods of time; be organized; poses time management skills; demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; have the ability to use hand tools; is a problem-solver; has the ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment; delivers on-time work in high-paced manufacturing environment; demonstrate the proper use of commercial painting tools and equipment; conducts self in a respectful and productive manner, contributing to a positive team dynamic.
• Strong commercial painting skills with 2+ years of aviation / automotive related professional experience preferred.
• Demonstrable understanding of basic painting technique, commercial paint systems, and prep techniques.
• Strong technical, analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills with high attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently in a dynamic work environment.
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
• Proficiency in the English Language (both written and verbal)
An industry-competitive package is being offered for top-notch individuals at all experience levels that meet the minimum job qualifications. Starting pay depends on relevant experience and competencies.
We also offer:
• Paid holidays (6 per year), paid vacation time (2 weeks), paid sick leave (1:40 ratio)
• Paid medical plan for the employee, group rate options for dependents, dental & vision options
• 401k retirement savings program including matching of up to 4% of non-benefit compensation
• Skills development, career development, continuing education, and mentorship opportunities
• Pilot development program and flight opportunities, including subsidized aircraft rental
This job is located at the CubCrafters factory located on McAllister Field (KYKM) in Yakima, in Washington State. With its beautiful weather, central location, relatively low cost of living, abundant outdoor activities, and a strong sense of community, Yakima is a premier place to raise a family, live, work, and play.
To apply, please call us or email your resume or application to: