Reports To: President
CubCrafters, an industry leader in light aircraft manufacturing, has an opening for a Controller. This position is responsible for all accounting operations also including cost accounting, production of financial reports, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets. Also responsible for providing reports and metrics for the enterprise as well as several departments and profit centers. Reports are designed to provide a basis for strategic decision making, mitigate risk, and enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results. Must ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
1. Oversight of, and responsibility for, all accounting transactional activities including AP/AR/payroll, ensure correct GL coding
2. Direct supervision and management of accounting staff
3. Maintain cash account balances and provide cash forecasting
4. Provide accurate COGS as a basis for analyzing profitability and strategic product line decisions
5. Prepare timely and complete financial statements monthly including financial and operating metrics for the company as well as all profit centers, business units, and certain departments
6. Manage the production of the annual budget and projections
7. Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
8. Support annual inventory and external reporting requirements
9. Oversee the various company insurance relationships
10. Fiduciary responsibility for 401(k) program
11. Other financial reporting as required by management
12. Other duties/projects as assigned
• Degree from a four year university in accounting, business administration, or business management
• Five years of progressively increased financial management experience
• A CPA certificate would be a plus
• Experience in a manufacturing environment
• General aviation experience would be helpful but not required
• Experience in using sophisticated ERP/MRP systems, Epicor would be a plus
• Should have excellent communication skills including verbal and written, and use of all current computer communication tools.
• Must be highly organized
An industry-competitive package is being offered for top-notch individuals.
How to Apply
An application can be downloaded below. Email completed application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.