CubCrafters, an industry leader in light aircraft manufacturing, has an opening for a Chief Financial Officer (CFO). As CubCrafters has grown its need for more sophisticated financial strategy and more targeted and accurate metrics have grown. The CFO will be the senior manager responsible for crafting effective financial strategy, providing appropriate and needed metrics, and bringing accounting best-practices to the company. The successful CFO will also play a role in developing overall company strategy, but especially in crafting and implementing financial procedures to improve and maintain the financial health of the company.
1. At a top level, participate in crafting annual financial strategy then drive execution of same.
2. Oversight of, and responsibility for, all accounting transactional activities via oversight and management of
Controller and accounting staff. Responsible for optimizing accounting department organization, staffing, and
3. Maintain awareness of cash account balances and provide cash forecasting.
4. Oversee and ensure the timely delivery of:
a. financial statements on a monthly basis including financial and operating metrics for the company to include
all profit centers, business units, and operating entities
b. management and “key metrics” reports and analyses
c. all tax documentation and regulatory filings as required
5. Drive the process of documenting all accounting process and procedures as a basis for staff training and standardizing
6. Lead development of accurate COGS as a basis for analyzing profitability and strategic product line decisions.
7. Manage production of the annual budget and projections.
8. Oversee the various company insurance relationships.
9. Fiduciary responsibility for 401(k) program.
10. Support the CEO in managing and facilitating potential outside investments and funding projects.
11. Other duties/projects as assigned.
• Degree from a four year university in accounting, business administration, or business management
• Minimum five years of progressively increased financial management experience with at least controller level
responsibility and experience
• CPA certificate would be a plus
• Experience in a manufacturing environment
• Experience in using sophisticated ERP/MRP systems, Epicor would be a plus
• Excellent communication skills including verbal and written, and use of all current computer communication tools.
• Skilled at developing key performance indicators and presenting and explaining financial performance to internal and
• Ideal candidate will have a “business partner” mentality working closely with the President and Senior Leadership Team
on effective strategy development and decision making.
• Experience working with private equity or other professional investors is preferred.
• Personal characteristics: highly organized with good personal work discipline, results oriented, a strategic thinker,
and an effective planner.
• General aviation experience would be helpful but is not required
For more details on this position, refer to the link below.
An industry-competitive package is being offered for top-notch individuals.
Applications can be downloaded at www.cubcrafters.com. Please send application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.