Builder Assist Program Manager
The FX Program Manager is a key member of the Customer Support Group at CubCrafters with the primary role of supporting the company’s Builder Assist program including scheduling, administration, and facilitating Builder Assist sessions at the factory. In addition, this position supports company sales activities; assists customer aircraft deliveries; supports direct and national sales events.
- Serves as primary point of contact for CubCrafters FX Builder Assist program. Acts as liaison between headquarters, customers, and Certified Sales Centers in all matters regarding Builder Assist projects.
- Assists customers and Certified Sales Centers in specifying and pricing aircraft options (both standard and custom) for new aircraft.
- Helps prepare documents including FAA documents, builder logs, and invoices. Ensures all documents and files are kept safe, organized and accessible.
- Is the primary internal advocate for the company’s Builder Assist program, coordinating Builder Assist projects between the Sales, Production, Engineering, and Quality departments.
- Coordinates with the FAA, under the supervision of the Director of Sales, to maintain program integrity with Experimental Amateur Built (EAB) aircraft certification rules.
- Assists in new and used aircraft deliveries as necessary (both on-site and off-site).
- Logistical management of the CubCrafters aircraft delivery hangar (consumables, cleanliness, organization, & aircraft movements).
- Acts as backup for all Customer Support Group duties as assigned, including backup for CubCrafters on-site store merchandise sales, factory tours, and kit program technical support.
- Contribute to company’s utility flight operations including test flights, break-in flights, EAB Phase 1 flyoffs, aircraft deliveries, ferry flights, and other company flying as assigned.
- Helps staff national, regional, and local sales events as needed (may include EAA AirVenture (Oshkosh, WI), Sun-n-Fun (Lakeland, FL), Reno Air Races (Reno, NV), AOPA Fly-Ins, etc.).
- Performs additional duties as required, with the understanding that this job description may require future modification as Builder Assist program matures.
Ability to provide first class customer service to CubCrafters customers, Certified Sales Centers, and internal company staff.
Ability to manage multiple projects with varied timelines and priorities.
Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently when required.
Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
Strong technical aptitude and detail orientation with analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills.
Proficient with MS Office. Proficiency with other software tools is a plus.
Enjoys the challenge and success of continuous improvement, high-paced business activity and working independently in a dynamic environment.
Private pilot certification with a safe flying history.
An industry-competitive package is being offered for top-notch individuals.
How to Apply
An application can be downloaded from the CubCrafters website. Email completed application and resume to:email@example.com