Be on the front lines of the team that’s putting the adventure into aviation. Since 2015 CubCrafters has helped our customers build nearly 100 best-of-class experimental armature built STOL aircraft, and our program continues to grow. We are seeking talented customer support professionals to join our Factory eXperimental (FX) team. If you want a General Aviation career where customer service, teamwork, and a commitment to excellence are core values to live by, apply today!
Click here to read more about the Builder Assist Coordinator position and apply today!
Reporting to the Builder Assist Program Manager, our Builder Assist Coordinators are key members of the Customer Support Group (CSG) at CubCrafters with the primary role of supporting the company’s Factory eXperimental (FX) program, including scheduling, administration, and facilitating builder assist sessions at the factory. In addition, this position supports the company’s sales activities, assists customer aircraft deliveries, and supports direct and national sales events.
With nearly 100 factory assist EAB aircraft delivered to date, and an increasing demand for more factory builder assist services, the CubCrafters builder assist program is expanding and has full-time Coordinator position(s) open.
• Serves as a primary point of contact for CubCrafters FX program. Acts as a liaison between headquarters, customers, and sales staff in all matters regarding builder assist projects.
• Assists customers and sales staff in specifying and pricing aircraft options (both standard and custom) for new aircraft orders.
• Helps prepare documents including FAA documents, builder logs, and invoices. Ensures all documents and files are kept safe, organized and accessible.
• Acts as an internal advocate for the company’s builder assist program, coordinating builder assist projects between sales, manufacturing, engineering, and quality departments.
• Coordinates with the FAA, under the supervision of the Builder Assist Program Manager, to maintain program integrity with Experimental Amateur Built (EAB) aircraft certification rules.
• Assists with logistical management of the CubCrafters new aircraft delivery hangar and Customer Completion Center (consumables, cleanliness, organization, & aircraft movements).
• Acts as backup for all Customer Support Group duties as assigned, including backup for CubCrafters on-site store merchandise sales, factory tours, and kit program technical support.
• Pilot candidates will be asked to contribute in company’s utility flight operations; potentially including test flights, break-in flights, EAB Phase 1 fly offs, aircraft deliveries, ferry flights, and other company flying as assigned.
• Schedules and organizes customer visits, including accommodations and vehicles during their stay. Assists in new and used aircraft deliveries as necessary.
• Performs additional duties as required, with the understanding that this job description may require future modification as the builder assist program matures.
The successful candidate should have demonstrated skills in the following: attention to detail; technical aptitude; analytical problem-solving skills; time and performance management of multiple projects with varied timelines and priorities; approachability; customer service, support, and interaction skills; proactive and collaborative approach to teamwork; outstanding communication skills (verbal and written); ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment; the ability to briefly and accurately express complex technical problems in terms that permit the listener to make a valid decision; ability to change focus due to conflicting/changing priorities; ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive situations appropriately when performing job duties; and the ability to support long term company goals, even if those goals may not be popular with all members of the o
A minimum of three (3) years of customer support experience is required, with a general knowledge of single engine general aviation manufacturing techniques preferred. Proficiency in the English language (both written and verbal), along with proficiency in MS office and similar software products, is required. The ability to lift and carry parts and equipment up to 50 pounds as a routine job function is required.
Pilot credentials and/or aviation maintenance experience is helpful for this position.
An industry-competitive package is being offered for top-notch individuals at all experience levels that meet the minimum job qualifications. Starting pay depends on relevant experience and competencies.
• Paid holidays (6 per year), paid vacation time (2 weeks), paid sick leave (1:40 ratio).
• Paid medical plan for the employee, group rate options for dependents, dental & vision options.
• 401k program including matching of up to 4% of non-benefit compensation.
• Skills development, career development, continuing education, and mentorship opportunities.
• Pilot development program and flight opportunities, including subsidized aircraft rental.
This job is located at the CubCrafters factory located on McAllister Field (KYKM) in Yakima, Washington.
The Yakima Valley is known as the Heart of Central Washington and recognized for its agriculture, a vibrant wine and craft beverage brewing industry, blue skies, time-saving commutes, and affordable housing. The valley is surrounded by numerous recreation areas for outdoor activities including Mount Rainer National Park, the Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and William O. Douglas wildernesses, the Wenatchee National Forest, and the Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area. Great skiing is just 50 miles away in the Cascade Mountains in winter. Seattle, Portland, the San Juan Islands, Vancouver BC, the Olympic Peninsula, and the Pacific Ocean are just a few hours’ drive away for even more adventure.
With its beautiful weather, central location, relatively low cost of living, abundant outdoor activities, and a strong sense of community, Yakima is a premier place to raise a family, live, work, and play.
Please call us, or email resume and application to: email@example.com